On March 1st, Great Plains Annuity & Life Marketing will change its name to BrokersEdge Annuity/Life Marketing.
We have been involved in a trademark dispute for over 14 months with another firm using the name Great Plains. While we are in different sections of the financial services market with different clientele, and despite assurance from our legal counsel regarding the strength of our case to continue as Great Plains Annuity & Life Marketing, it has become obvious a protracted legal battle would only distract us from our core mission of serving you and our other valued producers, while being very expensive and dragging on for up to two more years.
Rather than waste time and resources pursuing this, we have decided to embrace a name change that better reflects our position as a premiere national Annuity and Insurance Marketing Organization and efforts for the brokers we serve.
My biggest concern in making this change, with the amount of AMO/IMO mergers and acquisitions that have taken place in recent months, is that you know:
- WE ARE STILL 100% Independently Owned
- There are no changes in current management nor any anticipated
- We have no hidden "agenda" with any of our carriers or other marketing organizations
- We exist to help you better serve your clients - the same mission we have had for 16 years
- We are here to stay - while I felt our "Great Plains" name reflected the benefits of working with Midwest folks who do what they say they'd do, we have come to know our continued performance, not a name, is what matters to the hundreds of valued producers whom choose to work with us.
Please contact me or your Annuity and Life Marketing Specialists if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to using this rebranding opportunity to reflect on how we serve you, how we can improve, and additional ways we can help you protect and grow your business.
THANKS for your support!